Monday, May 14, 2012

Moon



 
Think of all the ancient Moon Godesses - they were warriors and huntress characters, who stalked the night often with leopards or wolves alongside. Some of them stayed chaste because they didn't want the distraction of relationships. They were fit, ferocious, fiercely independent and accomplished readers of omens. 

We are told that the Moon is Yin and the Sun Yang, but medusa asks ... "what if the Moon is in fact where you're WILD"

I know this is true. I spent 1980 and 15 years after that walking all over Hobart late at night with my dog Zimba ... white wolf / kelpie cross. We covered 10s of kilometeres - up to 25 a night. In the long Tasmanian winters, she slept on my kangaroo and possum skin bed  cover, keeping me warm and part of the pack ... I was always lead wolf - she answered to no one but me  ... 
There isn't a day I don't miss her
 

No comments:

Post a Comment